Ariel Giarretto – Attachment, Trauma and Sexuality – Coming Home to the True Self
A 2-Part Webinar Series Ariel Giarretto
“Neither the church nor the opponents of the church have clearly understood that the secret, or unconscious, motivation of sexual repression is to make it all the more interesting. And on the other side, it has not been clearly understood that sexual biology and all that goes with it is a figuring force, on the level of biology, of what the whole universe is about, ecstatic play.” ~ Alan Watts
For many generations, there have been beliefs about sex. and the Body were extremely demeaning and condemning. These mores are necessary to maintain social order in most religions. However, they have a devastating effect upon our psyches and emotions and Relationships with others. These creeds require a complete disconnect from our true nature to be able to live in harmony with others.
My decades of experience as trauma therapist and This series will include a trainer in Somatic Experiencing. It will also include extensive training on somatic sexuality. to Heal our sexuality and Our relationship to our gender, and to our bodies.
Through the science and Heart of attachment and trauma, we’ll examine how we are physiologically designed for connection, closeness and pleasure—which is as deeply “wired” As our response to threat—as well as what happens when this nature is denied.
Through a combination of educational material, experiential activities, and reflections and This series of homework will show you many ways to return home. to the body, achieving advanced levels of pleasure and Helping to Identify and Overcome all that is in the way.
We will cover the following:
- The science and Psychobiology and attachment needs
- The physiology of trauma and How to disconnect the The body prevents the Resolving past trauma
- Exercises that support greater embodied pleasure and Self-Acceptance
- Recovering from Sexual Trauma and Sexual abuse and How to Do this in a respectful manner that does not encourage re-invention.-traumatization
Module 1: Trauma, Attachment and Connection and Pleasure
Mar 23, 2019, 11:30am – 2:20pm PDT
- How we are designed to connect, to Seek pleasure and to Respond to Threaten or trauma
- What happens if any of these are denied or interrupted? and the Different parenting styles and Gender stereotypes that have unknowingly caused harm
- Survival is about moving away from danger and towards safety.
- Overview of fight or flight, freeze and Appease
- Exercises to These early wounds can be healed
- Examining the We are taught about gender early in our lives, even prenatally. and How these messages impact our connection to our bodies and Self-esteem
- Shame and In the formative years of life, abuse is common
- Exercises and Reflections on how to heal from this shame and Abuse
Duration: 2 1/2 Hours
Duration: 2 hours, 30 mins
Module 2: Embodiment, Abuse, and Intimacy
Mar 24, 2019, 11:30am to 2:00pm PDT
- Coming More information is available the Embodied mindfulness allows you to be your whole self
- What is needed? to Most gentle healing and Respectfully avoid sexual abuse or assault
- The importance of boundaries and embodied consent
- Tips for couples
- Working with low libido and the Realism of aging
Duration: 2 Hours, 26 Minutes
About Ariel Giarretto
Ariel Giarretto, LMFT and SEP are internationally recognized bodies-Trauma specialist, psychotherapist oriented and Somatic sex educator. Her passion is to All cultures are welcome to support each other and ages in how to Find ease and Intimacy increases, and they feel more pleasure in their bodies. and Freedom from the grasp of trauma. She is the co-Developer “The Full Embodiment Model” which offers gentle, transformative workshops for people wanting to From the Effects of sexuality/gender trauma, and sexual abuse and disembodiment.
Trained in a wide variety of somatic therapies, she is primarily informed by Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing (SE), the Beautiful and heartfelt-Treats with centered work the Physiological effects the As well as connecting people, trauma can also cause trauma to Their deepest, most authentic self. Since 1996, she has been a part of the “On” team. the Full-Training, faculty and teaching time SE and Mentors all over the world the globe. All over the 90’s she was on staff at the Esalen Institute, Big Sur, is an active member the A workshop for the community and Group leader, private therapist and Part of the Bodywork and massage crew. She has extensive prenatal training. and Ray Castellino provides birth therapy as well as attachment therapy and Early developmental trauma and A home birth “doula”, a dancer and drummer, an athlete, a chef, and a world traveler and Adventurer, a juggler and performer at the Renaissance Faires and She is especially fond on dogs.and Her green cheek conures, Tulip and Blu, and Jeffrey is her partner. She is based here the San Francisco Bay Area.
0.0 Average Rating Rated (0 Reviews)